Sunday 17 May 2009

STOCKWELL GASWATCH - WOT A FEMININE GAS! I THINK NOT.







Nine Elms Market this morning. Younger than me the stallholder was in his mid fifties. £2 change due - "here you are" says he amicably enough "four fifty pence pieces you can shove them in your gas meter!!". Says I: "those days are long over" and we both momentarily thought back and agreed how things have moved on.

The moment had at last come so I added another anecdote: "You know those handbags very fashionable and trendy now with women with reinforcement patches, and heaps of buckles and double stitching?" I had in mind bags like the above and of course heaps of similarish others. He was listening . . . "When I was a kid" I continued "the gas man used to come from time to time to repair the gas stove and he alone memorably carried a reinforced heavy-duty bag like women are dropping like flies for nowadays - obviously the old gas bags weren't so gaudy and brassy". "Yeah your right!" he said "now you say it the gasman DID have a bag like you describe". We kinda smirked a laughing matter it isn't.

These current "women's gasbags" are not "far out" not way out not a "gas" they are banal. The Gasman re-cometh. "GET THE LOOK" eh? Save us!

1 Comments:

At 28 April 2014 at 08:21 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there! I've been reading your weblog for a long time
now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give
you a shout out from Lubbock Tx! Just wanted to mention keep up the great job!
- SEO.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home